Thursday, February 15, 2007

My weekend in Mbarara.

Over the weekend, a few of us decided to spend a few days in Mbarara and Ntungamo. A friend was celebrating his birthday (Am I allowed to say his age?)and I guess we were tired of the Kampala club scene. So we decided to spend a day in Mbarara and proceed to his village hom in Ntungamo for a couple of days.

We left for Mbarara on Friday evening about 7pm and were in Mbarara coming to midnight. Went to a take away called Another Life(???), refuelled our systems and went to Vision Empire, which is rumoured to be the biggest night club in Uganda.
I've been to Mbarara several times and just never been to Vision Empire and
everyone I know who's been there has really yapped about it.

It was worth it, every single time I spent in there. It was not too crowded,
the music was good and the best part was the drinks were chilled just right!
Imagine, when they put my drink infront of me, I first had to admire the
bottle- it was sweating like in the TV ads!! I sort of had guilty pleasure of
finally drinking it!


In Another Life before our food.


Us again

We were out of Vision Empire about 6am and went to the Shell in the middle of
town, had breakfast and proceeded to Ntungamo. The place we were going to is
Rwentoobo, about 120Km from Mbarara town. We got there about 10am.
Everyone went off to sleep, except Tony, Lamas and I. I was the last woman
standing!!! That is, till 3pm. Exhaustion took over me and I had to find my
bed. Slept for five straight hours till 8pm, woke up in time to cut the cake
and eat alot of it!
The party continued till morning but because of the exhaustion from the
journey, everyone was fast asleep by 4am!! So much for a sleep- less weekend!!


Abit of the party-iers!

I woke up Sunday morning to the sound of prayers going on in the nearby
Catholic church, soon after we were all up. We wanted to catch lunch at
Highway Motel in Masaka (Delicious food, I recommend the samosas!) so we left
Ntungamo about 11am, were in Highway about 3pm and back home at about 7pm.

This journey was quite exhausting for me, really, sitting on your behind for
all those hours on Uganda's terrible roads is tight! It's Wednesday here and
my behind's still sore!
As the final word, my weekend rocked!

Today...
is Valentine's Day.
It is and is going to be an uneventful one for me. I woke up about 4am to find
a text from This Musoga and I know not to expect a call because Himself's got
a presentation to make and work after that. By the time he gets off work, I'll
be fast asleep and knowing my sleep issues he won't call.
Despite it all, Happy Valentine's Day y'all!

1 comment:

RKA said...

This musoga should have known better, Has he not heard of delegation? He could have delegated flowers and chocolate delivery to somebody as Alexis says when she doesn't want to be responsible