Thursday, February 14, 2008

V- Day battles

I must profusely apologise for the updates drought that’s been going on here. In Ugandan- speak, it’s due to unavoidable circumstances.
V- day blues!!!
Last year, at this time, I was in mourning, This Musoga had decided to relegate the day. It would have otherwise gone unnoticed for me, except Himself decided to call a day earlier and very well inform me not to expect anything. In the end, it was more of a reminder of what wasn’t, which was quite……………. (I lack a word there!)
This year, I decided, I wasn’t going to be the one caught on the wrong foot!! I was going to beat the odds, even if Himself decided to call a day before, I was going to beat him to it!!!! The guns came out from the mid- Jan. I tell you, I was winning!!!!
Last Saturday, Max called me and was singing the calypso song “O my commanding wife…..”. Well, I was going to destroy This Musoga’s life!! There even existed a song for this battle! Winning was on my side.
But then it got stolen from under my feet. This Musoga had a bug and my big mouth landed me in problems!! I was put on katebe, eeh, I was now benching!!!
There was nothing a quick fix wouldn’t do! Be Prepared!!! As soon as the coast was clear from all issues, plan was back in action!!!
I think my efforts have been rewarded, as of last night, I was kindly informed that a stranger will give me a call!!
That stranger had better call; else, I’ll sue for leading me on!

Papa, Happy Valentine’s Day, You beat me to it, again.

And Happy Valentine’s Day to everyone else!

No comments: